13 January 2012

Nissan GT-R

The name GT-R is already a well known brand in Malaysia even if the person is not a collector nor a car enthusiast. For me, the name GT-R became known when it was featured in the anime Initial-D. (yeah not much of a car lover back then :-p) And also when one of my seniors from school brought the car (R32) back from Japan. Though the wiki has been live on the internet for a really long time, i never really check how the history of GT-R is like. I've only known it since the R32 till the current R35.
Finally last year Hot Wheels came out with many cool models of classic race cars, including two of R32 predecessors, which are the HakoSuka and KenMeri that are known to the world wayy back from 1969 and 1973! Only then that i realized that my GT-R collection is actually completed! lol..So here are them!


Sadly, Hot Wheels didnt produce the R33 in their mainline so far so the one from tomica will be the representative lol..Anyway in this post I have the idea to let you see how the design of the GT-Rs evolved in each of their line-ups..pretty cool when you compare it like this :)



Comparison from the front side. It's interesting that through out the years they managed to maintain the "HakoSuka" or box-shaped skylines till the R34. Guess not R35 because it is already not in the skyline series.


Side profiles. Seems like it gets bulkier over the time!


Finally the rear design, which is also my favorite view of the GT-Rs. Seems like the rear lights trademark of GT-R has already been there since the Kenmeri. My Personal favorite would be the R34 and the New GT-R . Hope Hot Wheels can really do something about their paint alignment because sometimes it really ruins the superbly made casting!

After a long break of no new post, this post really made me eager to start writing back (and with lots of pics too! lol.
So..Which one is your favorite GT-R? ^_^

10 comments:

Vincent Séguin said...

Definitly the oldest and the newest are my favs. Good article!

Shaz said...

thanks vincent!
long time didn't post anything haha
my favs would be the R32, R34 and R35!

kown said...

i want more pics!!! heheee.. gud info bro ;)

Shaz said...

penat ah amik gambar..cukup la ni dulu..hahah :P

Eric @ Loon said...

You should need touch up it...lol

Shaz said...

i did touch up some places..
but not enough colors in hand
haha

Mark Sheikh said...

i've lost my car emblem..

Shaz said...

ni pn photoshop je bro..me myself dont have the emblem..hehe

TheRealGon said...

Where did you get that GT-R R33? O_O I want one as well! Great Pictures as always!

Shaz said...

hi mr. gonzales
it's a custom of tomica R33.
repaint and decaled, then fitted with wheels from hot wheels co-mold wheels :)